Grid expert Andrea Mansoldo tells pv magazine how energy markets based on solar and storage are feasible as an alternative to costly grid infrastructure work.
He says around 6 GWh of battery capacity may be a good alternative to building 1000km of power line or an AC 750 kV high-voltage line.
- The price of solar electricity has dropped 89% in 10 years
- EIB approves €1 trillion green investment plan to become ‘climate bank’
- Why did renewables become so cheap so fast?
- LONGi remains sole AAA-Rated module supplier in Q4 2020 Bankability Ratings release
- Poland to tender 3.2 GW of solar by end of 2021