Grid expert Andrea Mansoldo tells pv magazine how energy markets based on solar and storage are feasible as an alternative to costly grid infrastructure work.
He says around 6 GWh of battery capacity may be a good alternative to building 1000km of power line or an AC 750 kV high-voltage line.
- Poland to tender 3.2 GW of solar by end of 2021
- ‘Willing investors, manufacturing scale’ the only way for non-lithium ESS to reach the mainstream
- Solar-plus-storage vs grid enhancement part III
- Utility scale, rather than behind-the-meter batteries will drive energy storage take-up – Bloomberg u-turn
- Germany will need 160 GW of solar by 2030 to prevent power shortages