EuPD Research has calculated what needs to be done to replace the nuclear and coal generation to be phased out in Germany.
Accelerated expansion of PV appears the best short-term option. However, storage capacity will need to increase 30-fold by 2040 so solar can become the main pillar of the country’s energy system.
- The price of solar electricity has dropped 89% in 10 years
- EIB approves €1 trillion green investment plan to become ‘climate bank’
- Why did renewables become so cheap so fast?
- LONGi remains sole AAA-Rated module supplier in Q4 2020 Bankability Ratings release
- Poland to tender 3.2 GW of solar by end of 2021