The economics of combining solar and other renewables with electric vehicles is becoming so compelling that the oil sector faces a “relentless and irreversible decline”, a new report from BNP Paribas has concluded.
The report, dubbed ‘Wells, wires and wheels’, examines the link between mobility, energy and capital investments, introducing the concept of ‘energy return on capital invested’ (EROCI).
- ‘Willing investors, manufacturing scale’ the only way for non-lithium ESS to reach the mainstream
- Solar-plus-storage vs grid enhancement part III
- Utility scale, rather than behind-the-meter batteries will drive energy storage take-up – Bloomberg u-turn
- Germany will need 160 GW of solar by 2030 to prevent power shortages
- Solar-plus-storage vs grid enhancement part II